Sky Mirror is a collection of eight essays of advanced yet accessible astrology, from an internationally acclaimed astrologer and author. Most of these essays were given as lectures at the Astrological Lodge in London and published in The Mountain Astrologer magazine.
The eight essays are:
1. Astrology as a Tertium Non Datur: A Way of Understanding the Relationship between Astrology & Psyche
2. The Professional Astrologer: How your own chart can help you build a flourishing practice
3. The Astrology of Friendship: Looking Beyond the 11th House
4. The Astrology of Passion: Venus, Mars, & Pluto
5. Phoenix Rising: Menopause & Other Midlife Transformations
6. The Astrology of Love in Midlife: Relationships and Midlife Transits & Progressions
7. The Astrology of Spirituality: The Planets & Spiritual Quest
8. The Alchemy of Being: The Astrology of Happiness & Fulfillment
About the Author
Lara Owen began studying astrology in 1976, and worked with thousands of clients from all over the world. She lectured on astrology in the USA, UK and France, wrote regularly for The Mountain Astrologer magazine, and for many years ran a popular website, Planetary Energies. She retired the website along with her astrological practice and lecturing in 2012 in order to focus exclusively on her longstanding and pioneering work on menstruation and menopause. Lara is the author of several non-astrological books including Her Blood Is Gold and Growing Your Inner Light.
“I love this book. These days, it’s not difficult to find an astrologer with impressive technical abilities. It’s a lot less common to find a gifted astrologer who can write really well and who gives the impression of being as interested in human beings as she is in planets and stars. In this collection of essays, Lara Owen ably demonstrates that she knows her astrology well and that she’s a wonderful writer. But better still, she presents astrology intelligently while never losing sight of what it has to offer mere mortals: an incomparable mirror that reflects human character and circumstance.”
April Elliott Kent, bigskyastrology.com, author of The Essential Guide to Practical Astrology.
Available as a print book from Lulu.
Lara Owen is a leader in the field of menstrual and menopausal wellbeing. Based in Melbourne, she teaches and consults internationally.